NAME: Gerry and Jane Longenecker
ADDRESS: 7756 Green Hill Road, Harrisburg, PA 17112
PHONE: (717) 566-1406
SWIG Offices Served:
1. How did you get started in Wine-making?
We had excess fruit, apples for cider, and cherries.
2. How long have you been making wine?
3. First Wine you made?
Apple wine and cherry wine.
4. What type of wine do you make?
Now, mostly fruit wines (ciders too), such as raspberry, blueberry, cherry, rhubarb,
peach, pear, and plum.
5. What are your Favorite wines to drink?
6. What is your wine preference?
7. Do you grow grapes?
I have just started in earnest in the last two years.
8. What kind do you grow?
Concord, Lemberger, Pinot Gris, Baco Noir, Cayuaga, Niagara, De Chanauc, Landot Noir, Corot Noir, Marechal Foch, Noiret, Chambourcin, Aramellow, Catawba, Vincent, St. Vincent , and St. Croix.
9. How long have you been with SWiG?
10. How did you come to find the Susquehanna Wine Guild?
Through the PSU Extension “Wine Faults” class.
11. Hobbies/Favorite things you like to do?
RV Camping and boating.